Qualified imports

Mark Carroll mark@chaos.x-philes.com
Thu, 16 Aug 2001 12:18:53 -0400 (EDT)

In writing a large program, do people tend to just name all their
functions differently, or do they make much use of qualified imports? I'm
currently facing this design decision in starting my first significant
Haskell project and I'd prefer to do whatever's conventional in the
Haskell community. Personally, I'd probably veer towards all the qualified
stuff, given that I'm the sort of person who never uses 'import' in Java,
but then I have the question of how to name types that would otherwise be
of the form Foo.Foo and look silly. (In Modula-3, Foo.T would be the
traditional choice.)

-- Mark