Missing functions in GHC's RTS?

Ashley Yakeley ashley@semantic.org
Fri, 3 Aug 2001 01:46:20 -0700

At 2001-08-03 00:41, I wrote (on the Haskell Cafe list):

>When I make a function generator with "foreign export dynamic", GHC spits
>out stub files which it apparently then needs for the link. What are
>these for?

OK, so I don't know what they are, but the link needs the _stub.o file.
Unfortunately, the stub file includes these symbols:

rts_getWord8
rts_getWord16
rts_getInt16
rts_getInt64

...which do not appear to be in any library and indeed are not declared
in RtsAPI.h, although corresponding rts_mk* functions are. This looks
like a bug in GHC.

$ ghc -v
Glasgow Haskell Compiler, Version 5.00, for Haskell 98, compiled by GHC
version 5.00
Using package config file: /usr/lib/ghc-5.00/package.conf
Hsc static flags: -static -fignore-interface-pragmas
-fomit-interface-pragmas -fdo-lambda-eta-expansion -flet-no-escape

$ uname -a
Linux server 2.2.19pre17 #1 Tue Mar 13 22:37:59 EST 2001 i686 unknown

--
Ashley Yakeley, Seattle WA