Haskell Problem

Graeme Turner graemeturner@blueyonder.co.uk
Tue, 10 Oct 2000 19:11:14 +0100

Hello,

I am e-mailing you to see if you could offer me a bit of assistance. I have
chosen to use
Haskell in a minor assignment at my University, Heriot Watt in Edinburgh.
The basic aim is to read in a file of data, sort it and then display it.

I have managed to get a sort to function properly but I am having trouble
with reading in the data from the file. I have managed to use the
hGetContents and hGetLine methods of the IO library to read the data in but
when it is read in, it is stored as an IO String type.

I would like to convert the input from the file into one large string so I
can process it before sorting it.

After reading the whole file into a variable, how do I then convert that IO
String to a String?

I would be very grateful if you could offer me some assistance in this
matter.

Thanks

Graeme Turner