Will Haskell be commercialized in the future?

Adrian Hey ahey@iee.org
Mon, 27 Nov 2000 15:56:38 +0000 (GMT)

On Mon 27 Nov, Fergus Henderson wrote:
>  Do you think that Haskell would be better without `unsafePerformIO'?

Well, a sceptic like me is bound to wonder why such a non-function is
provided in a purely functional language. What really worries me is
that the damage isn't localised. If you allow such things you can never be
sure that any function really is a function, without careful scrutiny of all
the code it's dependent on.

> This has lead C# to copy some of
> Java's other flaws, such as the awful array type.

What is wrong with Java and C# arrays? (I have never used either).

Regards
--
Adrian Hey