Will Haskell be commercialized in the future?

Frank Atanassow franka@cs.uu.nl
Mon, 27 Nov 2000 13:22:50 +0100

Fergus Henderson wrote (on 27-11-00 21:01 +1100):
> That is twaddle.  "Entrenched" C/C++ programmers will doubtless write
> bad code in any other language, just like Real Programmers and Fortran.
> The ability to declare a portion of the code as `unsafe' is a feature.
> It's like `unsafePerformIO' in Haskell!  And also no worse than JNI in
> Java.  Do you think that Haskell would be better without `unsafePerformIO'?

Without remarking on C#, I just wanted to point out that unsafePerformIO is
not part of the Haskell language...

[BTW, John and Olaf: the new haskell.org front page looks great! The logo is a
big improvement...]

--
Frank Atanassow, Information & Computing Sciences, Utrecht University
Padualaan 14, PO Box 80.089, 3508 TB Utrecht, Netherlands