[Hackathon] Hac5: April 17-19, Utrecht -- Book Now!

Sean Leather leather at cs.uu.nl
Mon Feb 23 19:11:11 EST 2009

Twelve days ago, we emailed you about a particular event...

                     The 5th Haskell Hackathon

                        April 17 - 19, 2009

                     Utrecht, The Netherlands

We have some updated information for you. If you don't want to read the
details, then the important points are:

  * Hotel or hostel accommodation may be hard to come by, so book your room
now!

  * Check out the website for lots of useful information.

As I mentioned before, you can find out more about the Hackathon here:

  http://haskell.org/haskellwiki/Hac5

The site is a wealth of useful information gratefully provided by the
Utrecht organizing team. If you haven't seen it recently, check again.

In particular, however, we'd like to inform you of some newly obtained
information. We unknowingly scheduled the Hackathon on the same weekend as a
popular record and CD fair.

  http://www.recordplanet.nl/

So, not only do you get the chance to hack on projects involving your
favorite purely functional programming language, you also have the
opportunity to visit "the most impressive record fair of the world."
However, this does have some drawbacks...

Rooms in hotels and hostels in Utrecht are often notoriously difficult to
come by. It's already a crowded city sometimes with too few places to stay
(esp. if you want cheap). Therefore, if you've decided to join us or have
already registered, we highly recommend booking a room at your earliest
convenience. (If you haven't decided to visit Utrecht, then you should hurry
up and agree to it already!)

For this purpose, we have updated the main Hac5 page with information about
accommodations.

  http://haskell.org/haskellwiki/Hac5#Accommodation

We also have a Google map with information about places to stay and
transportation.

  http://haskell.org/haskellwiki/Hac5#Map

And finally, don't forget that you can use either the Attendees page, the
Hackathon mailing list, or the IRC channel to communicate with other
(potential) attendees or the organizers about sharing rooms, finding a
place, or anything else.

  http://haskell.org/haskellwiki/Hac5/Attendees

  #haskell-hac5 (on freenode)

Good luck and happy hacking!