[GUI] Future of Haskell: GUI development

Wolfgang Thaller wolfgang.thaller at gmx.net
Sun Sep 14 20:39:16 EDT 2003

> What about just taking wxwin, feature by feature, and give it a more
> haskell-like view? (note that this has to be done anyway, and that Daan
> is doing just that alone).

Of course. I did consider that to be part of the wxHaskell effort.

> - reuse the design decisions of wxwin in the large, but be able to make
> minor changes like adjusting the menu layout of macosx

Utility modules that utilise Haskell's potential for higher-level
abstraction are most definitely welcome!
A small helper function that manages correct ordering of the standard
buttons in dialog boxes would already make wxWindows applications look
and feel a lot better on the Mac.

> - be able to make a quick binding to other libraries like qt or dialog
> directly in haskell, if there ever is a qt or dialog binding for
> haskell of course.

Of course there can and probably should be bindings to other libraries.
But what does that have to do with wxWindows & wxHaskell?

Cheers,

Wolfgang