[GUI] Re: Future of Haskell: GUI development

Nick Name nick.name at inwind.it
Sun Sep 14 02:51:17 EDT 2003

Alle 12:47, mercoledì 10 settembre 2003, Axel Simon ha scritto:
> In case people feel inclined to still pursue the CGA idea, one of the
> following two routes could be taken:
> - re-expose parts of wxHaskell in a way that forces the user to write
> applications that look and feel native on different platforms, i.e. a
> "Common GUI API on top of wxWindows"

I think that this could be done, to have an haskell GUI library instead
of a wxwindows binding, wich would be just an implementation. And this
decision makes a fast startup because Daan is already trying this.

> - write a GUI Builder application for Haskell; it would surely make
> Haskell itself more attractive as a rapid development language (such
> a Builder could also cater for the look-and-feel requirements of the
> different platforms)

Well, this should be done anyway, but maybe not here.

Am I unsubscribed to this list, or people do not want to comment on
anymore? The main problem of wxwin was, according to (if I remember
well) Wolfgang Thaller, that it does not feel native on OSX; so I guess
the opinion of some OSX user or developer would be interesting now.

bye

Vincenzo