[GUI] The register/unregister callbacks issue

Axel Simon A.Simon@ukc.ac.uk
Wed, 19 Mar 2003 16:03:56 +0000

On Wed, Mar 19, 2003 at 04:40:13PM +0100, Peter Achten wrote:
> What I am saying is that a good GUI program already tells the user (and
> therefore also the backend) what events it will respond to. It will
> disable/enable menu(elements), it will disable/enable window(elements). As
> a consequence the API has no need for an additional register/unregister
> mechanism.
What about destroy, add-entry-to-list, repaint, ... events? The programmer
must inform the CGA on what events (s)he needs. Ok, a disabled menu item
will not trigger callback events but thats an orthogonal issue. IMHO we do
need some general concept of callback/event handling. At least its a
concept any backend can simulate, even Windows.

Axel.