[GUI] Another call for votes

Nick Name nick.name@inwind.it
Tue, 18 Mar 2003 20:51:16 +0100

On Tue, 18 Mar 2003 18:46:42 +0000
Glynn Clements <glynn.clements@virgin.net> wrote:

>  Not if you want to support multiple callbacks for each event. In that
>  case, you need to be able to identify a specific callback, which gets
>  us back to the issue of equality of function types.
>
>  Unfortunately, the easiest solution (require the application to
>  provide a FunPtr, as that's what's going to be passed to the lower
>  levels) is also the ugliest.

I am perhaps missing the point. In my view, if you want to simulate
multiple callbacks with just one, you can create the FunPtr in the
callback registration, and keep it into a closure you give back to
unregister the callback. Of course, the multiple callback is just an
interface, and toolkits wich support multiple callbacks natively will
not go trough this mess.

What do toolkits think about this? :) What toolkits implement one
callback, and what multiple ones?

--
Scopriti essere umano e in quanto tale persona banale e non speciale
a cui Dio concede gesti assai banali. D'ora in poi quello sei tu.