[GUI] Mission Statement

Wolfgang Jeltsch wolfgang@jeltsch.net
Fri, 7 Mar 2003 12:37:46 +0100

On Thursday, 2003-03-06, 12:23, CET, Daan Leijen wrote:
> [...]
> * wxWindows supports Win32, MacOS 9/X, GTK, OS2, Motif and X11 with nat=
ive
> look-and-feel. Through GTK, it also supports KDE and Gnome rather well
> allthough the apps look different than Qt apps on KDE.

As far as I know, wxWindows doesn't provide really native look-and-feel o=
n the=20
Mac.

I'd like to add that using GTK is not sufficient to provide native GNOME=20
look-and-feel. The same holds for Qt and KDE. So table 1 of the current=20
mission statement is not correct at this point. Both, KDE and GNOME, add=20
their own libraries to GTK or Qt respectively which you have to make use =
of=20
in order to create real GNOME/KDE applications.

> [...]

Wolfgang