[GUI] Mission Statement

Axel Simon A.Simon@ukc.ac.uk
Mon, 3 Mar 2003 23:56:19 +0000

Hi,

I tried to formulate a Mission Statement and I invite people to review it.
It is Section 3 in the same document in which I gathered initial opinions:

http://www.cs.ukc.ac.uk/people/staff/as49/poll.pdf

It basically says what the Common GUI API is. In my opinion it would be
beneficial for us to agree on something like this statement. Otherwise I
fear people will restart discussions on topics for which we already
reached a consensus.

Section 4 contains some comments from the GUI programmer perspective.
Comments on this are welcome as well.

In the near future I will browse through the achieves and extract
opinions on the technical topics in Section 5. Before we agree on anything
there, I think it would be a good idea to agree on the core. Daan, is the
last version of the GIO core you posted what you propose as core? If so, I
will add it to the document for scrutinization.

Thanks for comments,
Axel.