[GUI] ANNOUNCE: Specification for abstract user interface for Windows, GNOME and Aqua

Krasimir Angelov ka2_mail@yahoo.com
Sun, 10 Aug 2003 01:11:34 -0700 (PDT)

--- Axel Simon <A.Simon@kent.ukc.ac> wrote:
>http://www.cs.kent.ac.uk/people/staff/as49/rationale.pdf
>
> To summarize, I make the following proposal:
>
> - have two application setups, document centered and
> control oriented
> - have toolbars, each toolbar item correspond to a
> menu item
> - have toolboxes which lets the user choose between,
> well, tools

Very useful reference. It is more detailed and
contains some points which I leave out. I think that
the controled SDI (CSDI) interface can be added to
HToolkit without modification of the high-level API of
the library. For toolbars I already have some ideas.
In the time being I work against time on the toolbars
for Windows. I think that we need a common abstraction
for toolbar items and for menu items. The idea is that
the toolbar and menu item which are related to one and
the same command must share the same bitmap, title and
tooltip.

Krasimir