Glasgow-haskell-users Digest, Vol 212, Issue 5

Dominic Steinitz dominic at steinitz.org
Mon Oct 11 12:37:13 UTC 2021

Hi David

I am a long time user of ghc on OSX. I have seen that problem but never on native OSX only when using nix (and then I added it explicitly).

Two things spring to mind:
Add it explicitly on the compile command `-liconv`
Use nix and then you can control the build environment in a totally controllable and reproducible manner. This is actually easier than it sounds: `curl https://nixos.org/nix/install | sh` and `nix-env -I ghc`. If you get the same error with that then we can try adding `iconv` explicitly.
 Dominic Steinitz
dominic at steinitz.org
http://idontgetoutmuch.org
Twitter: @idontgetoutmuch