osx conundrum

David Duke duke.j.david at gmail.com
Mon Oct 11 10:29:53 UTC 2021

Thanks!
I've not had the problem with other software. To check I reinstalled iconv
with macports brew, and building  and installing it direct from GNU sources.

however the problem does not  seem to be libiconv per se, but
libHSbase, and its unclear how to fix that

 _hs_iconv in libHSbase-4.14.3.0.a(iconv.o)

There have been longstanding issues with this library [iconv]
int the Haskell ecosystem, cf
https://stackoverflow.com/questions/43359289/architecture-x86-64-while-running-haskell-code-haskell-osx-iconv
I was hoping there had been progress with binary releases

E:duke.j.david at gmail.com
W:https://engineering.leeds.ac.uk/staff/334/Professor_David_Duke