Pattern synonym 'Required' constraints === Datatype Contexts(?)

Lennart Augustsson lennart at augustsson.net
Thu Mar 11 18:27:53 UTC 2021

The required context on pattern synonyms isn't just useful, it's
necessary.  Since arbitrary computation can happen in both the pattern
matching and construction we need the context.
Take Richard's example, without the context on Positive we would infer the
wrong type for any use of the Positive synonym.