[ANNOUNCE] Glasgow Haskell Compiler 9.0.1-alpha1 released

Ben Gamari ben at well-typed.com
Tue Nov 24 00:22:16 UTC 2020

George Colpitts <george.colpitts at gmail.com> writes:

> Hi Ben,
>
> What are the current plans / schedule for 9.0.1?

Hi George,

At the moment things are blocked on a solution to #17760, which I am
currently in the process of working through. There have been several
false-starts on this ticket and while the solution we are ending up with
is indeed a compromise (in both performance impact and convenience), I
am fairly convinced it is the best we can do.

I am waiting for a version of the patch to validate as we speak. As soon
as it (and a few other relevant patches) have been backported I will
move ahead with cutting the release candidate. I hope this can happen by
the end of the week.

Cheers,

- Ben