Linking completely statically

Volker Wysk post at volker-wysk.de
Tue Aug 11 12:58:58 UTC 2020

Am Dienstag, den 11.08.2020, 10:26 +0200 schrieb Herrmann, Andreas:
> Hi Volker,

Hi!

> > Is it possible to link the remaining libraries statically too?
>
> Yes, it is possible to generate fully statically linked Haskell
> binaries. Though it requires a bit of setup. For example the GNU C
> library glibc is not really intended for fully static linking, but
> you can use musl as an alternative libc instead.
>
> Probably the easiest way is to use static-haskell-nix [1]. Usage
> instructions are available in the project README. See [2] if you're
> not familiar with Nix.

This looks complicated, even though it is the easiest way. I've tried
to build it from the git sources, as well as from the latest release,
but that failed. I'd have to look into nix, which is new to me.

Be it as it may, it isn't that important for me right now.

But thank you very much for your tips. Maybe I'll be going back to them
later.

Cheers,
Volker