[Haskell-cafe] Final steps in GHC's Trac-to-GitLab migration

Anthony Clayden anthony_clayden at clear.net.nz
Wed Mar 13 04:38:14 UTC 2019

>On March 6, 2019 11:21:34 UTC, Ben Gamari wrote:

>>On March 6, 2019 6:11:49 AM EST, Ara Adkins wrote:>>*One question: what is happening with the trac tickets mailing list? I
*>>*imagine it’ll be going away, but for those of us that use it to keep
*>>*track of things is there a recommended alternative?
*>>

Yes I look at that as a way to keep a finger lightly on the pulse -
chiefly for what users think ghc should be doing.

>The ghc-commits list will continue to work.

But that's only fixes, not explanations.

>The ghc-tickets list is a good question. I suspect that under gitlab there will be less need for this list but we may still want to continue maintaining it regardless for continuity's sake. Thoughts?

The gitlab issues list can be sorted by latest update, which should be
roughly equiv. But it's showing weird stuff at the moment. (Like
decades-old closed tickets with activity 1 day ago.) I guess that's a
'feature' of the migration(?)

AntC