[ANNOUNCE] GHC 8.8.1-alpha1 is now available
ben at well-typed.com
Thu Apr 25 23:51:17 UTC 2019
The GHC team is pleased to announce the first alpha release of GHC 8.8.1.
The source distribution, binary distributions, and documentation are
A draft of the release notes is also available .
This release is the culmination of over 3000 commits by over one hundred
contributors and has several new features and numerous bug fixes
relative to GHC 8.6:
* Profiling now works correctly on 64-bit Windows (although still may
be problematic on 32-bit Windows due to platform limitations; see
* A new code layout algorithm for amd64's native code generator
* The introduction of a late lambda-lifting pass which may reduce
allocations significantly for some programs.
* Further work on Trees That Grow, enabling improved code re-use of the
Haskell AST in tooling
* More locations where users can write `forall` (GHC Proposal #0007)
* Further work on the Hadrian build system
This release starts the pre-release cycle for GHC 8.8. This cycle is
starting quite a bit later than expected due recent work on GHC's CI and
release infrastructure. See the GHC Blog  for more on this.
As always, if anything looks amiss do let us know.
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Size: 487 bytes
Desc: not available
More information about the Glasgow-haskell-users