Call for lightning talks and participation -- Haskell Implementors' Workshop

Joachim Breitner mail at joachim-breitner.de
Sun Sep 16 08:14:18 UTC 2018

                        Call for Contributions
               ACM SIGPLAN Haskell Implementors’ Workshop
                     Sunday, 23 September, 2018

            https://icfp18.sigplan.org/track/hiw-2018-papers

                     Co-located with ICFP 2018
                      St. Louis, Missouri, US
              https://conf.researchr.org/home/icfp-2018

The Haskell Implementors Workshop is only one week away! Time to look
at our great program at

      https://icfp18.sigplan.org/track/hiw-2018-papers#program

and plan your day!

Lightning Talks
---------------

Like in the previous years, we will have slots for lightning talks. And
because they were so successful last year, we will have more!

*Topics*

Anything related to Haskell implementations, fun uses of Haskell etc.
goes. Feel free to tell us about ongoing work, to entertain, to rant,
to stir a debate!

(If you ever have been to a security or crypto conference, you might
have attended their “rump session”. While there will not be alcohol
involved at HIW, I hope that we can still match their creativity and
insightful fun.)

*Rules*

 * There are 3 sets of 3 lightning talks.
 * Sign-up is on day of the event, in person, on paper. No prior
   registration possible.
 * Lightning talks are 8 mins or less.
   If you know that your lightning talk takes less time, please say so,
   and maybe we can put four lightning talks into the slot.
 * Lightning talks do not count as peer-reviewed publications and are
   not published in the conference proceedings.

Program Committee
-----------------

 * Edwin Brady (University of St. Andrews, UK)
 * Joachim Breitner – chair (DFINITY / University of Pennsylvania)
 * Ben Gamari (Well-Typed LLP)
 * Michael Hanus (Kiel University)
 * Roman Leshchinsky (Facebook)
 * Niki Vazou (University of Maryland)