Scoped Type Variables discussion forum [was: open up the issues tracker on ghc-proposals]

Brandon Allbery allbery.b at gmail.com
Sat May 19 18:56:40 UTC 2018

On Sat, May 19, 2018 at 7:32 AM, Anthony Clayden <
anthony_clayden at clear.net.nz> wrote:

> So the explanation I've seen for the current design is it was deliberately idiosyncratic, to minimise any disruption to existing code. Then I'm asking whether any of that code is still around? If not/if it's been re-factored to use ScopedTypeVariables, then any tweak to the design could have a freer hand.

The reason there's no discussion about that is that nobody here has the
ability to go hunt down every last piece of code in every public or private
(think Standard Chartered, Facebook, etc.) code base and its current owner,
and order them to "fix" it. You can't win that battle.