How to highlighting subexpressions in dumped core?

Joachim Breitner mail at joachim-breitner.de
Wed Mar 7 15:06:13 UTC 2018

Hi,

Am Mittwoch, den 07.03.2018, 12:14 +0000 schrieb Simon Peyton Jones via
Glasgow-haskell-users:
> I'm not keen on adding more Tick complexity -- it's a bit out of hand
> already, and all transformations must "do the right thing".
>
> AnnExpr adds an annotation at every node.  You could, I guess use
> that to annotate -- but then you'd need a pretty printer for it so
> you'd end up with duplication.
>
> Worth looking at #8809 and related tickets

these are all for CoreExpr, right?

I guess I can just copy the pretty-printer code for my maybe a bit
peculiar needs, it’s not too big. (Although highlights in CoreLint
output would be useful for all of use.)

Thanks for your input,
Joachim
--