GHC 8.4.1-rc1 is slower on a ray-tracer project

Ben Gamari ben at well-typed.com
Wed Feb 28 15:32:27 UTC 2018

Vassil Ognyanov Keremidchiev <varosi at gmail.com> writes:

> Hello!
>
> I have a small ray-tracer project: https://bitbucket.org/varosi/cgraytrace
> From time to time I'm testing it with different GHC versions including ARM.

Thanks for doing these tests! I have opened #14870 to make sure we don't
lose track of this. It would be interesting to bisect this to see where
we went off the rails.

This is a very interesting example which the Cabal file says is in the
public domain. In principle it would be a nice case to include in nofib,
although I suspect it has few too many dependencies.

Cheers,

- Ben