Unable to compile ghc-8.2.2 with ghc-8.4.3

Sam Halliday sam.halliday at gmail.com
Fri Aug 31 15:40:35 UTC 2018

Hi Ben,

Updating the new build tool is e right thing to do, long term, but it
unfortunate doesn't help with my objective of compiling old versions of ghc
... but there is a quick here that I could exploit. Since I'm building for
the same platform, bug just using different versions of the operating
system, I think I can create the C files in an old Debian inside docker and
use them in the more modern host machine to build the old ghc.