How does GHC's testsuite work?

Edward Z. Yang ezyang at mit.edu
Mon Oct 30 15:25:34 UTC 2017

Actually, it's the reverse of what you said: like OCaml, GHC essentially
has ~no unit tests; it's entirely Haskell programs which we compile
(and sometimes run; a lot of tests are for the typechecker only so
we don't bother running those.)  The .T file is just a way of letting
the Python driver know what tests exist.

Edward

Excerpts from Sébastien Hinderer's message of 2017-10-30 16:17:38 +0100: