Getting segmentation fault on stack/cabal -any command, including stack --install-ghc, On windows.

Tamar Christina tamar at zhox.com
Fri Oct 20 22:08:16 UTC 2017

Hi Michael,

Does this happen only with 8.2.1?

Can you try a clean vanilla GHC?
https://downloads.haskell.org/~ghc/8.2.1/ghc-8.2.1-x86_64-unknown-mingw32.tar.xz

just to rule out any issues with toolings.

if it still happens, does ghci -v3 show anything?

if it still crashes can you run procdump on GHC directly and return the dump?

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/downloads/procdump

with "procdump -e 1 -x <pathtobinfolder>\ghc --interactive"

Thanks,
Tamar

 ---- On Fri, 20 Oct 2017 14:02:31 +0000 Michael McCulloch <michael.james.mcculloch at gmail.com> wrote ----