[ANNOUNCE] GHC 8.2.1 available

Wolfgang Jeltsch wolfgang-it at jeltsch.info
Thu Jul 27 02:01:22 UTC 2017

Hi!

I ran into the same problem.

Apparently, we need cabal-install 2.0, which has not been released yet.
A preliminary solution is to use the development version from the 2.0
branch. Binary packages can be found at

     http://ppa.launchpad.net/hvr/ghc/ubuntu/pool/main/c/cabal-install-2.0/  ,

for example. It is possible to extract the cabal-install executable from
these packages, so that it can be installed without using some Linux
distribution package manager.

All the best,
Wolfgang