Accessing the "original" names via GHC API

Edward Z. Yang ezyang at mit.edu
Wed Jan 25 09:00:08 UTC 2017

Hi Ranjit,

Unfortunately you need more information to do this, since the
set of modules which are available for import can vary depending
on whether or not packages are hidden or not (not even counting
whether or not a module is exposed or not!)

The way GHC's pretty printer gives a good name is that it keeps
track of all of the names in scope and where they came from
in a GlobalRdrEnv.  The relevant code is in 'mkPrintUnqualified'
in HscTypes, but if you pretty print using user-style with
an appropriately set up GlobalRdrEnv you should
get the things you want.

Edward

Excerpts from Ranjit Jhala's message of 2017-01-24 19:00:05 -0800: