Derived Functor instance for void types

Edward Kmett ekmett at gmail.com
Mon Jan 16 07:29:43 UTC 2017

"Preserving user bottoms" was found to be better behavior for us with Void
as well back in the day. Evaluating such a term to get the bottom out is
better than making up one that loses information for the user about
precisely what bottom it is they had. We do so with absurd and the like for
Void.

This way if you map over a structure with errors at the leaves you get a
new structure with those same errors at the leaves.

*tl;dr* +1 from me.

-Edward