Superclass Equality constraints cp FunDeps

Richard Eisenberg rae at cs.brynmawr.edu
Sun Apr 30 19:45:34 UTC 2017

Documentation is just about always suboptimal -- but the best people to suggest concrete improvements are those who were confused to begin with. So, by all means, submit patches!

Some relevant discussion on this point is on https://ghc.haskell.org/trac/ghc/ticket/10431

Currently, there is no extension for ~. It's enabled either by GADTs or TypeFamilies. I agree that this is not the best design, and the ticket above is a plan to fix it. Probably wouldn't take much more than someone with the will to make the changes!

Richard