Type families in kind signatures with TypeInType

Simon Peyton Jones simonpj at microsoft.com
Fri Sep 23 19:00:36 UTC 2016

Interesting. Is this case also an example, or is it a non-feature?

class C t where
    type K t :: Type
    type T t :: K t -> Type

    m :: t -> T t a

Ah, that’s quite different!  We should do strongly-connected-component analysis of the associated-type declarations within a single class declaration…. but we don’t currently do that.   No difficulty in principle, I think.

You could open a ticket.   (Do include a link to this email thread and to #12088)

Simon