[ANNOUNCE] GHC 8.0.2 release candidate 1
ben at well-typed.com
Fri Nov 25 22:38:17 UTC 2016
The GHC team is happy to (finally!) announce the first candiate of the
8.0.2 release of the Glasgow Haskell Compiler. Source and binary
distributions are available at
This is the first of what will hopefully be only two release candidates
leading up the final 8.0.2 release. This release will fix a number bugs
found in 8.0.1 including,
* Interface file build determinism (#4012).
* Compatibility with macOS Sierra and GCC compilers which compile
position-independent executables by default
* Runtime linker fixes on Windows (see #12797)
* A compiler bug which resulted in undefined reference errors while
compiling some packages (see #12076)
* Compatability with systems which use the gold linker
* A number of memory consistency bugs in the runtime system
* A number of efficiency issues in the threaded runtime which manifest
on larger core counts and large numbers of bound threads.
* A typechecker bug which caused some programs using
-XDefaultSignatures to be incorrectly accepted.
* More than two-hundred other bugs. See Trac  for a complete
Unfortunately there is one known bug (#12757) which can result in
runtime crashes which is still lurking in -rc1. This will be fixed in
-rc2, which will be released in about a week.
As always, let us know if you encounter trouble. Thanks to everyone who
has contributed so far!
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Size: 454 bytes
Desc: not available
More information about the Glasgow-haskell-users