RFC: Removing the `-hb` profiling option

Evan Laforge qdunkan at gmail.com
Fri May 6 16:43:25 UTC 2016

I've used this a lot when looking for leaks.  Especially combined with
other things like -hbdrag -hc, so I'd be sad to see it go.  Without
it, how do you find lag and drag?

On the other hand, the entire profiling system has been hard to use
because of crashes (perhaps due to that thread-unsafety thing), but
also because of lack of documentation, the fact that SCCs can
drastically change the performance of the things they are trying to
measure, and probably just personal incompetence.  But that's not
really directly relevant to -hb, except to say I'd rather fix it than
delete it.