Proposal: ArgumentDo

Akio Takano tkn.akio at gmail.com
Mon Jul 4 10:31:37 UTC 2016

Hi glasgow-haskell-users,

I have written a wiki page about a proposed extension called
ArgumentDo. It's a small syntactic extension that allows "do"
expressions, lambdas and a few other kinds of expressions to be used
as function arguments, without parentheses.

https://ghc.haskell.org/trac/ghc/wiki/ArgumentDo

Any feedback is appreciated. In particular, since the idea has
received mixed support (see the "Discussion" section on the wiki
page), I'd like to make sure that there is enough support for this
feature to justify an implementation in GHC.

Regards,
Takano Akio