Dropping bzip2 release tarballs?

David Feuer david.feuer at gmail.com
Tue Feb 2 03:32:36 UTC 2016

Does this really strain storage infrastructure? There are only a few
blobs per release. If that's really a problem, sufficiently ancient
ones can presumably be pruned down to a single format without too many
complaints (e.g., if someone wants GHC 7.6, they may not be able to
have their choice of format). Bandwidth seems an entirely legitimate
concern, but thankfully a symmetric one—most users will want to
download the smallest available format, and those who are willing to
pay the extra time to download another likely have a good reason.