[ANNOUNCE] GHC 8.0.2 release candidate 2
ben at well-typed.com
Thu Dec 22 19:38:58 UTC 2016
The GHC team is happy to announce the second candiate of the
8.0.2 release of the Glasgow Haskell Compiler. Source and binary
distributions are available at
This is the second and likely final release candidate leading up the
8.0.2 release. This release will fix a number of bugs found in 8.0.1
* Interface file build determinism (#4012).
* Compatibility with macOS Sierra and GCC compilers which compile
position-independent executables by default
* Runtime linker fixes on Windows (see #12797)
* A compiler bug which resulted in undefined reference errors while
compiling some packages (see #12076)
* Compatability with systems which use the gold linker
* A number of memory consistency bugs in the runtime system
* A number of efficiency issues in the threaded runtime which manifest
on larger core counts and large numbers of bound threads.
* A typechecker bug which caused some programs using
-XDefaultSignatures to be incorrectly accepted.
* More than two-hundred other bugs. See Trac  for a complete
This release candidate fixes a number of issues present in -rc1,
* #12757, which lead to broken runtime behavior and even crashes in
the presence of primitive strings.
* #12844, a type inference issue affecting partial type signatures.
* A bump of the `directory` library, fixing buggy path
canonicalization behavior (#12894). Unfortunately this required a
major version bump in `directory` and minor bumps in several other
* #12912, where use of the `select` system call would lead to runtime
system failures with large numbers of open file handles.
If all goes well we should have a final 8.0.2 release out shortly after
the new year. As always, let us know if you encounter trouble. Thanks to
everyone who has contributed so far!
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Size: 487 bytes
Desc: not available
More information about the Glasgow-haskell-users