Typing pattern synonyms

David Feuer david.feuer at gmail.com
Wed Sep 30 18:33:59 UTC 2015

Edward Kmett seems to have some concerns about its implications for type
checker implementations. Personally, I have little interest in programming
in a Haskell that doesn't have a feature with the power to express what
ScopedTypeVariables can. That said, there are some weird corners in the
design relating to pattern signatures and in particular to pattern bindings.