Removing latency spikes. Garbage collector related?

John Lato jwlato at gmail.com
Mon Sep 28 18:31:39 UTC 2015

Try Greg's recommendations first.  If you still need to do more
investigation, I'd recommend that you look at some samples with either
threadscope or dumping the eventlog to text.  I really like
ghc-events-analyze, but it doesn't provide quite the same level of detail.
You may also want to dump some of your metrics into the eventlog, because
then you'll be able to see exactly how high latency episodes line up with
GC pauses.