overlapping instances in 7.10.1

Sergei Meshveliani mechvel at botik.ru
Sat May 23 21:08:02 UTC 2015

Dear GHC developers,

This request overrides my previous one of  "7.10.1-err..."
(it is simpler and more precise).
The archive

http://www.botik.ru/pub/local/Mechveliani/ghcQuest/7.10.1-errReport-may23-2015.zip

presents a question about  ghc-7.10.1.

Make it, please, with  ghc-7.10.1  by

         ghc $doconCpOpt -O --make Main
,
$doconCpOpt =
 -fwarn-unused-matches -fwarn-unused-binds -fwarn-unused-imports
 -fno-warn-overlapping-patterns -XRecordWildCards -XNamedFieldPuns
 -XFlexibleContexts -XMultiParamTypeClasses -XUndecidableInstances
 -XTypeSynonymInstances -XFlexibleInstances -fcontext-stack=30

as it is written there in  README.txt.

README.txt  explains which two instances are wrongly resolved
-- as I expect.

In  ghc-7.8.2  they are resolved in a correct way
(and there is a different pragma syntax).
I conclude this from running the test in  docon-2.12.

Am I missing something?

Please, advise,

------
Sergei