HEADS UP: Final call for 7.10.2 is soon

Austin Seipp austin at well-typed.com
Tue Jun 2 21:31:04 UTC 2015

Hi *,

I've just finished merging all the latest patches for GHC 7.10.2 into
the STABLE branch. All in all, we've fixed a lot of bugs (over 80
tickets closed)!

So, we'll probably be doing a 7.10.2 release here in a few weeks. The
tentative plan was around the 14th, although it's not set in stone.
(At worst, it would be pushed from the 14th to the 21st).

With that in mind, if I could quickly direct your attention to the GHC
bug tracker and the status page[1] - it would be really helpful if you
check if the things you want are fixed!

Specifically, if you want something fixed for the 7.10.2 release:

  - Make sure there is a ticket. It really needs to exist or we'll just forget!

  - If your bug is critical, please explain why! We really want to
kill showstoppers ASAP, because bugs are much cheaper to fix early. If
that's the case we can bump the priority if it's necessary to make
things clear.

  - Set the milestone to 7.10.2. It'll automatically appear on the status page.

That should be it - we'll be monitoring the status page regularly to
keep track of new things. The current bug list is pretty small - we
may move some of them out, or fix several more. So just try to let us
know.

As a sidenote, I'm quite happy with this release - it's fixed dozens
of tricky bugs, improved some nasty corner cases in compiler
performance, and overall seems like it will be high quality. Thanks to
everyone who submitted patches!

I'll send out another email next week as another reminder.

[1] https://ghc.haskell.org/trac/ghc/wiki/Status/GHC-7.10.2

--
Regards,

Austin Seipp, Haskell Consultant