ANNOUNCE: GHC 7.10.1 Release Candidate 2

George Colpitts george.colpitts at gmail.com
Wed Jan 28 02:11:06 UTC 2015

I have llvm 3.4.2. Not sure why I thought that was the supported version.
Where would that be documented? There doesn't seem to be anything on this
in
https://downloads.haskell.org/~ghc/7.10.1-rc1/docs/html/users_guide/release-7-10-1.html

There is lots of mail about llvm. I guess the following from Ben Gamari on
11/28 implies llvm 3.5. I couldn't find anything more definitive.

Once I get a definitive answer I will try again assuming the answer is not
3.4.2

To summarize,

  * it seems like LLVM 3.4 chokes on the code produced by my 3.5 rework
    when the `$def` symbols are marked as internal

  * ARM is broken (again) due to a bug in the GHC calling convention
    implementation; an LLVM fix is waiting to be merged

  * I have code reworking TNTC for LLVM 3.6; unfortunately LLVM 3.6
    support will likely need to wait until 7.12

  * Austin's LLVM packaging proposal seems very much like the right way
    forward

  * Anticipating this proposal, I have started collecting [2]
    optimization passes

Cheers,