Thread behavior in 7.8.3

Michael Jones mike at proclivis.com
Sun Jan 18 22:36:51 UTC 2015

Donn,

True, but in that case I was using a driver for the Aardvark, and my current two test cases use:

A) DC1613A from LTC
B) /dev/i2c driver with FFI wrapper I wrote

Case A uses the haskell usb package and libusb. I suppose SIGVALRM could be in used in the libusb driver. I know for sure it is not used by my I2C stuff, unless it is behind the /dev/i2c user mode calls.

But interesting. Obviously the scheduler is using timers from the OS.

Is it really an advantage not to use OS threads all around? Is there anyway to enable such behavior to see if things are better?

Mike