Aliasing current module qualifier

John Meacham john at repetae.net
Tue Sep 30 20:05:03 UTC 2014

Yes, that is the semantics I use for recursive module imports in jhc. And
you are right in that it does not accept those examples due to being unable
to bootstrap the least fixed point.

How would the 'as M' proposal interact? Would it actually be new entries in
the name table or rewritten as a macro to the current module name? I can
see some edge cases where it makes a difference. I am thinking the easiest
would be to populate entries for all the M.toplevel names where toplevel
are the top level definitions of the module, will implement it and see how
it shakes out.

    John