Type checker plugins

Carter Schonwald carter.schonwald at gmail.com
Fri Sep 12 18:46:35 UTC 2014

i'm looking at the record type

data TcPlugin = forall t . TcPlugin
  { init  :: TcM t
  , solve :: t -> [Ct] -> [Ct] -> TcS ([SolveResult], [Ct])
  , close :: t -> TcM ()
  }

it might be helpful to add a remark that
data Ct = ...
is defined in compiler/typechecker/TcRnTypes.lhs so folks who aren't
already intimately familiar with the constraint solver machinery in GHC can
get some wee hints about where to start digging around if they wanted to
understand the implications of the proposal :)