ghci balkiness on OS X?

Judah Jacobson judah.jacobson at gmail.com
Fri Oct 24 05:37:39 UTC 2014

I haven't seen this before myself (running on OS X), though in the past we
had a report of slowdown in long-running ghci sessions which was hard to
reproduce.  What versions of GHC and OS X are you using?

Do you know if this is a problem with text entry in general or only
haskeline?  If you run the command

:m +System.IO Control.Exception Control.Monad
(hSetBuffering stdin NoBuffering >> hSetEcho stdin False >> forever
(getChar >>= \c -> putStr ['{',c,'}'])) `finally` (hSetEcho stdin True >>
hSetBuffering stdin LineBuffering)

and hold down the 'a' key, does it smoothly output "{a}{a}{a}..." or does
it have similar hiccups?

-Judah