Type checker plugins

Simon Peyton Jones simonpj at microsoft.com
Thu Oct 16 22:47:47 UTC 2014

| Thanks Simon, your branch does make it a lot more feasible to unflatten,
| so I'll just go ahead and implement that in my plugin for now.

Actually it would be worth pausing.  If you get the latest Unflattening is now done by getInertUnsolved, which itself is called by solveFlatWanteds, immediately after calling solveFlats.  And solveFlats (which used to be called solveInteract) is where Iavor has the plugin interface.

In short, if you'd like to see unflattened constraints, rather than flattened ones, that would be easy.

Unflattening yourself is inadvisable.  The unflattening code in getInertUnsolved is quite remarkably tricky and it took me some time get it right.  (I have to write a long Note before committing it to head.)

All this is in the just-committed wip/new-flatten-skolems-Aug14 branch

Simon

| >> |
| >> |
| >> |