Discovery of source dependencies without --make

Simon Peyton Jones simonpj at microsoft.com
Fri Nov 28 09:01:13 UTC 2014

I have only been skimming this thread, but would it be worth writing a tight specification of what exactly you want?  Your original message said only "Is there any way to get the dependency discovery of '--make' without the rest", but I really don't know what that means.  Nor do I know what you mean by "it only looks at source files".

Rather than explain by deltas from something else, it might be easier just to write down precisely what you seek.

Andrey Mokhov also wants a way to take a single Haskell module, and discover its immediate imports, a kind of non-recursive version of -M.  So
	ghc -M-one-shot Foo.hs
would print out the list of Haskell modules that Foo imports.  (There are doubtless complications to do with CPP too, but that's the general idea.)

I don't know if that is what you want too.

Simon