The future of the Haskell98 and Haskell2010 packages

David Feuer david.feuer at gmail.com
Tue Nov 18 17:02:08 UTC 2014

I think you're right, and that's a strong reason to come up with an update
to the Haskell Report. Include in it, at least:

-- Big-ticket items
0. Monoid
1. Foldable, Traversable
2. Applicative
3. Applicative => Monad
-- side notes
4. inits = map reverse . scanl (flip (:)) []  -- efficiency—not optimal but
not hilariously bad
5. unwords = intercalate " "  -- increased, more intuitive laziness