RFC: Dropping Windows XP support

Bulat Ziganshin bulat.ziganshin at gmail.com
Thu Nov 13 14:25:49 UTC 2014

Hello Austin,

> For one, Microsoft doesn't support XP anymore, so most people are
> moving off it anyway. 'Soon' even XP Embedded will be obsoleted.

at  the  end  of  http://freearc.org/Statistics.aspx page you can find
stats  about  OS  used  by  ysers  of my program - archiver written in
haskell.  these  are  14%  of  *geeks* using the l;atest alpha version
(stable version of my program ddoesn't report this parameter)

so  dropping  XP support means that newer GHC can't be used anymore to
compile general-purpose programs targeting large user audience

--
Best regards,
 Bulat                            mailto:Bulat.Ziganshin at gmail.com